The Association of Saskatchewan REALTORS® (ASR) recently presented a cheque to the Saskatoon Community Foundation (SCF). Saskatoon REALTOR®, Joanne Kerr, Co-Chair of the ASR’s Quality of Life in Saskatchewan committee, was on hand to deliver the cheque for $38,100 to Trevor Forrest, Executive Director of the SCF and Kristy Rempel, Donor Services Manager.
The funds were raised through the third Quality of Life Legacy Gala held this past April in Regina, where REALTORS® from all over the province gathered to support the cause. That evening the ASR also awarded $5,000 grants to six community organizations, all from different regions of the province. “This is particularly gratifying for us, as it means we can provide the grants again in 2016” enthused Kerr. “We are still getting feedback from last year’s grant recipients, so we know what a huge difference they have made; this fall, we’ll happily put out the call for applications for 2016.”
The Quality of Life in Saskatchewan initiative promotes the following principles:
• Support shelter-related services in our communities
• Enhance environmental sustainability, protection and/or conservation of our natural areas
• Support public education on the importance of private property rights
• Promote safer neighbourhoods and/or improved community services
• Enhance and promote community development and better opportunities for “at risk” populations and/or disadvantaged citizens
The Legacy Grant Program will begin soliciting applications for the 2016 grants later this year, and will continue to do so until the March 2016 deadline. More information can be found here, on the Association website; updates will also be distributed through the ASR’s social media accounts. Any charitable organization in Saskatchewan supporting the Quality of Life in Saskatchewan’s principles listed above is encouraged to apply.